So why a Love List? Because I want to be clear about what it is I say I want. I think it would be a great exercise to really focus on what I feel is important in a soul mate the next time around...and there will be a next time around. Like Luther Vandross said "I was not meant to live alone"
For the next 31 days I am going to start a running Love List, that will capture 100 things I want in a soul mate/partner/significant other/lover. Of course I will post about my life and I may offer some insight about the list of the day.
The Love List 1-5
- loyal. If I learned nothing else last year, I learned about loyalty. Who stands with you in times of trouble. Who can you count on. Being with someone in times of joy and celebration costs you nothing. That is easy. But to hold onto someone when their world is crashing around them...priceless.
- Commitment to family. I want someone who is always thinking about what is best for "Our" family. And someone who loves children. Love me, love my kids.
- Self confident. Not conceited, but knows who they are and likes who they are. I want someone who is not moved by popular opinion. Someone who goes their own way.
- Kind. Someone who knows how to be kind. Someone who can let down their guard and extend themselves for my sake.
- Sense of humor. If you can't laugh, joke and have fun, than I am not the Grown Woman for you.