What do you do if you find out a person you were crushing on turns out not to be that person he represented himself to be? Do you call them out? Do you quietly disappear from their lives without explanation? Do you curse them out? What?I suppose people have to live their lives according to their own ethical codes. And perhaps they feel justified in hiding behind another persona. Maybe their "real life" commitments are overwhelming and they need an escape. Maybe they are trying on a new lifestyle and want to do so from a very private place. Or maybe they are living in fear and can't see a life of authentic happiness and they choose to create this fake universe. Is it fair to drag anyone there with you? And does that also mean that your interactions with people are also false, since you made them under false pretenses?
I know everyone will not share their lives as I have done. I am suspending judgement. So I am leaving this alone with the understanding that I do not hold any power over anyone. All I can do is handle me. I choose transparency and authenticity and truth. I choose Love over Fear.
The Love List 6-10
- 6. Honesty. commitment to truth even if it hurts.
- 7. Integrity. must have a code of ethics to live by.
- 8. God Consciousness. must believe in a higher power. doesn't matter which higher power. Buddhist/Christian/Muslim/Voodoo Priest/Shaman/Witch Doctor/Monk/Rastafarian/etc.
- 9. Employed. Can work as anything as long as it does not cause either of us to go to jail. He will know that what he does for money does not determine his self-worth. What he does for money does not define him.
- 10. Conscious Thinker. Have some thought about the world. Reads and seeks information. Is concerned about life everywhere. Is a lover of freedom for all.