Thursday, March 13, 2008

FEELING BETTER AND THE LOVE LIST 54-58

I got up this morning feeling a whole lot better! So NO to the narcotics! Mind you, I am not against drugs. But since I am the only adult in the house, I am a bit afraid to take the prescribed narcotics because it puts me into a deep deep sleep and I am not comfortable doing that with 4 little children. So I am happy that I am feeling better this morning, all the pain is gone! By the weekend I should be back to optimum health.

I am so grateful for Family and friends who showed up with prepared meals for my kids. Thanks JB--the tacos were a HUGE HIT!

The Love List 54-58

54. Understands that every argument/fight does not mean the love affair is over; even if we retreat to our separate corners.

55. Knows when to retreat when things get a bit tense; does not allow anger to cloud judgement.


56. Does not hold anger in; does not store/harbor unresolved
issues; speaks mind in a non threatening, non-violent manner.

57. Has personal rules against hitting women, intimidating women,
bullying and threatening women.

58. Knows the best part of any disagreement/fight is the MAKE-UP
SEX!


9 comments:

K.O. Johnson said...

Babz, glad to hear you're feeling better. Just don't rush back too soon as this strain of the cold/flu bug has a boomerang effect.

LOVE THE LIST!

Shai said...

#54 is an excellent one. WAY too many folks think if you argue the relationship/marriage is doomed. It is only doomed if you do not work at it and resolve things. The other bad part is many folks think relationships don't require work.

I am loving this list. I am about to work on mine. Funny I have made a ton of lovelists over the years and the have evolved. I pray this is one of the last.

Lovebabz said...

K.O. Johnson, I wish it was as simple as having the flu---having a freak allergy is very difficult. There is no known cure for the symptoms except keeping the pain to a minimum(blood vessels and veins contracting.

I swear this list has its own vibe, I mean it drives me. I get up in the morning and the list just comes.

Lovebabz said...

Shai,
Yes indeed. I have learned that during my marriage. Absolutely it is work and it ought to be joyous work even when its tough and difficult.

MsKnowitAll said...

Hey Babz,
Love numbers 54-58! You speak the truth!

Lovebabz said...

Hello MsKnowItAll,

Sister, we have got to have boundaries! Yes there are things no woman should have to negotiate!

Mizrepresent said...

I love them all, this list especially...glad you're feeling better.

the prisoner's wife said...

hey sis...glad you are feeling better!

Sharon said...

Hey Babz!

I am so blessed by your improvement healthwise ;)

And btw, thanx for creating this list...I don't think I'll be doing one of my own as it seems this one you've created works for the world I inhabit too...LOL! Great work my sistah!