Wednesday, August 8, 2007

SWIM LESSONS AS A METAPHOR FOR LIFE

Wednesday the children have swim lessons, my oldest daughter swims from 9:00am to 9:30 and the remaining 3 swim from 9:30 to 10:00am. Watching this morning I began to see how their lives are a lot like swimming. They have to trust and have faith in their instructor, but first they have to be willing to trust that faith. They have to get in the water and follow directions..on faith. This is pretty amazing. I see the fear in their eyes as they struggle to float and kick and there's nothing I can do except sit and silently pray they learn to swim. They are learning, I see the progress. The water is becoming less and less of a threat and more and more a partner. They are happy when they do as instructed and determined to do better when they can't quite get the coordination right. I am impressed with them conquering their fears. I want them to be fearless and to never give up even if they are a bit afraid. So as they are learning to swim, so am I. We are all learning to be brave and walk, or rather swim out on faith. And the best part is that while they are in the water, they are doing what they thought they couldn't do. That is the gift--you are already in the water...now swim and swim we do!

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive