Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Black Women:The Bridge Between Race and Gender

I love politics. I LOVE POLITICS. I know a lot of folks who hate it, but not me. I was elected to local office twice ( I resigned halfway through my second term--scandal). First off there is nothing more noble than serving in public office. Every decision I made as a legislator was personal. I took everything to heart. I cared about everything and I knew that just about every issue was connected to somebody. So with all that said, I am extremely delighted about the upcoming presidential race. I love Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. This poses a unique challenge for me. Because I am, after all an African American woman, a Black mother no less. What will I do. Hhmm...I do know I will wait and watch and listen. I wish I was more sophisticated in my approach and I wish I could discuss this with an intellectual passion. I just know how I feel and being an exiled politician I know better than to put all my eggs into one basket. My over arching question is this: Will Black women support a woman or will we support a Black man? There is a lot of time to speculate, poll and of course guess.

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive