Tuesday, July 3, 2007

TRUE LOVE TUESDAY: THERE'S NO CONVINCING IN LOVE

What I know for sure is that there is no convincing in love. Either you love someone or you don't. Either they believe and feel that you love them or they don't. I cannot change my husband's mind or heart about how he feels about how I feel about him. I love him. But he doesn't believe it, or trust it. After almost 12 years and 4 children later my love and trust are questionable. There is no convincing him otherwise. My friendships with men are now questionable--one in particular who has been my friend for almost 20 years. My husband believes there is "something" going on. This is unequivocally untrue. There has never been any type of romance/dating/booty calls or emotional threads with this person. He has been a constant source of encouragement to me and my family over the years. So I have come to realize that whatever issues my husband is having with respect to my commitment to our marriage is all his shit. His issues. So as he moves out and creates a life for himself apart from this beautiful family that WE built together, my love remains true...I wish for him all the happiness in the world. Regardless of how stupid I think he is being, these are his feelings and I hear them. So in the words of the great soul singer Michael MacDonald: "What a fool believes he sees"

1 comment:

? said...

You are a very wise woman. You recognize that you cannot control people, places, or things - namely, your husband. As you said, it's "his shit." And it is.

I can only imagine that this ordeal is heartbreaking for you, and I am sorry that you are going through it. There is some good news though. The good news is that this too shall pass!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive