Tuesday, July 10, 2007

TRUE LOVE TUESDAY: ALONESS IS A GIFT

I just finished Florence Falk's book "On My Own, The Art of Being A Woman Alone" I was so moved by this book that I wanted to share this passage. It speaks to me on so many levels. I must say that it lights my path and helps me face my future with more courage and a grander sense of purpose. So here is one of my favorite passages from the book:
Aloness is a gift; it can return us to our own self. Instead of avoiding
it, we need to accept it whole-heartedly, even though we fear it. To rid
ourselves of our fears, we first need to understand their source. As our
fears diminish, we have a renewed opportunity to realize a life of our
own. Each relationship in our lives is a teaching; a way to learn what we
want and need for ourselves and what we are willing to give, or not give, in
order to get it. In this sense, aloness is a mirror wherein we may view
ourselves more wholly and affirmatively.

2 comments:

? said...

I dig the passage you shared, lovebabz. It's wonderfully reflective of what you're going through right now.

I sometimes enjoy aloneness too much. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to die alone any more than the next person does. I just find that I crave me time more than most people. Does that mean I'm destined to live a solitary life with just me, myself, and 50 cats? God I hope not. I'm allergic to cats.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Heidi, I am trying to rerame my thought about what aloness means. I beleive this will be a grand opportunity to think of my life in a way that I haven't done in quite sometime. Being married is about thinking about you and soemone else. Now I have kids so I can't act like a single chick. But I can focus more on what I want and need in order to become the woman I always dreamed I could be. Shit this ain't easy work. I am up to the call.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive