Wednesday, June 24, 2009

TANGO SUEÑO...TANGO LESSON #2

Commitment. Commitment in the face of hardship and uncertainty. That is Tango. You have to have absolute trust. Absolute trust in yourself and in your partner. It is hard but you have to keep at it. There is no quitting, only practice...do...practice...do. This is the Tao of Tango.

Last night I got comfortable with the basic 8 steps. I practiced. I did it. I practiced. I trusted my partner. I had to commit to his leading. I had to yield to his mis-steps. I had to be confident in his ability to lead me. He did. It took the whole class but by the end, we were going around the room nonstop!

It is no accident that I am learning the Argentine Tango as I am falling in love with someone whom I've loved my whole life. The passion in the dance and the Love Supreme is breath taking. It is pure nirvana when you hit the steps. When he touches me...kisses me. The Tango and The Love Supreme are in sync. It is about passion and living in high definition. It is living the belief that Love Waits On Welcome Not On Time.

I welcome the lessons of The Tango and I welcome love.

The Love Story continues...

6 comments:

Sista GP said...

Now I see why T said you're on vacation. Enjoy!

Big Mark 243 said...

I really enjoyed this entry ... perhaps when I am settled 'in country', I can talk the SFC into a class.

Congrats, if I hadn't wished them to you already!

the prisoner's wife said...

i'm so happy for you! between the Tango & your Hi-Def romance, you really got it going! so happy!

Her Side said...

You can't imagine how much I enjoy these posts - even as this week solidified my official geographic coordinates as smack dab in the middle of a breakup. (No longer just the "separation" I originally anticipated).

I am so excited for you. I have only been in love twice as an adult (not counting my high school puppy loves. LOL) The fall is wonderful. Uplifting. Invigorating. Full of promise. There's nothing like it. And I expect to enjoy that elation again in this lifetime.

Shannon said...

Get your TANGO on girlfriend!

Yes, trust the music, your partner and your instincts. None of them will let you down in life or on the dancefloor.

Mizrepresent said...

Ooowhee Lovebabz i'm loving the Love Story...so happy for you!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive