Sunday, June 21, 2009

ALL DAY FOREPLAY...

Yesterday was one of the most perfect days ever. We cooked together, we ate together we laughed together. It was divine.

We are suited to one another in all kinds of ways. We share the same sexual energy. We didn't have sex...just all day foreplay. I love the way he takes me in his arms...the way he pulls me close. I love the way his tongue explores my lips and he pulls me deeper as if to swallow me whole! I love the sound of my name on his lips. I love the strength of his arms wrapped around me.

He folded my towels. He tinkered about the kitchen preparing salmon cakes...I sneak in hugs and kisses. He laughs and tries to shoo shoo me away but yields anyway. I keep buzzing about. He is sweet sweet sweet!

I had forgotten what this kind of passion felt like. This sense of heat and desire. This wanting someone so much that you ache to your core. That when you are with them all you want to do is touch them...feel their breath on your neck...in your ear. My back naturally arches when he draws me near. The body has memory. I bend and surrender...with joy.

This has been a 35 year love affair. Complete with loss and other loves...lovers...and more loss. Even now we are both free, but not free. He is wounded from a life of poor love choices and I, just healing from a marriage betrayal. We are at odds in own lives and leery of walking out on faith yet again to reach for the brass ring of LOVE. COMMITMENT. VOWS.

I have loved him for my whole life. I will love him for my whole life...even if now is not our time, yet again.

The Love Story continues....

19 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

that was lovely jones

Anonymous said...

Definitely sounds like a lovely day indeed.

Keith said...

If your heart is leading you towards this man, then go with it.
Life is short...one never knows what is in store tomorrow..Live and Love to the fullest while you can.

Sounds like you had the perfect day! I'm happy for you!

flutter said...

love is infamous for its crappy timing

Big Mark 243 said...

The last two paragraphs, how they read and how they seem fitting not only for you but to the lives of others ...

... I am feeling like that now, about my girl who is loving being called my girl. We are both coming to one another, weathered by storms, bleached in the burning sun and still with enough strength to reach out for hope and each other.

This is the first time I have checked you out, and I am very glad that I have. I will be stopping by on the regular, now that I am 'in'.

Glad to hear such a great story!

LadyLee said...

OH MY! This was too much for my innocent eyes! LOL

You go, Oldgirl. You go.

Step out on that faith... when it is time.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Torrance,
Thank you.

Embrownny,
It was one of those rare perfect days complete with rain and jazz.

Keith,
You know in this case I feel that way for sure.

Flutter,
Or perhaps love is always right on time...it is Us who thinks our planning will always go the way we want.

Big Mark 243,
Thank you for stopping by!

LadLee,
Ha Ha! I am going to follow where this goes...even if its short lived.

Her Side said...

I am entering into a breakup. Okay, a separation that could easily end in a permanent breakup. And the proof of how much I've grown in "love" is my ability to savor your words in spite of the opposite that is occurring in my life.

And I know that I know that I know that I have a "perfect day" somewhere ahead of me.

Why aren't you working on a BOOK yet?? Your writing is fierce and engaging and riddled with truth that even the most petrified heart could absorb. Start with some articles or narratives or SOMETHING, because the world should get a taste of what we come here to get.

Momma Sunshine said...

You have NO idea how much I can relate to what you wrote...on all levels. The only thing I can tell you is to listen to your heart. You may end up getting hurt in the long run but if you're happy right NOW, then that is what is most important...

KayC, The Quiet Storm said...

I am so happy that you had such a lovely day. You so deserve it! With rain and jazz, girl HUSH!

Fear...we have discussed this so many times. Caution is expected, often warranted, but don't let fear cloud your way.

Taking steps, even if they are baby steps, into something is still wonderful. My sister-for-life tells me all the time "God doesn't do coincidences."

Vivian said...

Transitory bliss is better than no bliss. Sounds delightful.

Just Kel said...

Ewwwww Sister Lovebabz, I'm doing the shame-shame finger movements and cheesing all at the same time!

You go woman!

Sista GP said...

Lovely. Enjoy yourself.

Monique said...

I was keeping up with your day on Twitter. I am so haapy you are enjoying the passion.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

this post has made me very very very happy

-_- said...

I stumbled onto your blog...one of the most amazing things I've ever read.

A sister who isn't afraid to tell the world how amazing her man is.

THAT'S THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE.

Love and blessings from the Most High.

clnmike said...

Best wishes.

Solomon said...

You speak the truth as always Lovebabz!

The Artist In Me said...

Oh gosh...this is wonderful love! Ahh..."the body has memory, and when you are around him, you want touch him all the time.." I so relate.

I want to hear the rest of the story :)

Be blessed!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive