Wednesday, June 3, 2009

NO MORE BAND AIDS...PAIN EMANCIPATION

There are so many people roaming the earth in a great deal of pain and heartache. I am amazed at the amount of pain, drama and heartache people live with everyday. And even more amazing are the lengths people will go to medicate the pain. Eating, drinking, sex, constant drama and my personal favorite, accepting what's in front of you as love when your heart longs for a grander deeper connection. Trying to make unfulfilling relationships into something that they cannot be. Always in need of a band aid but not seeking the cure.

I am not standing in judgement. I know all too well how to band aid pain. How to ignore pain. How to keep on moving forward with a broken heart. We have become so accustomed to pain that we just accept it as a part of how things are. We defend the pain, we nurture the pain, we make room for the pain.

Owning who you are is the beginning of pain emancipation! Doing the necessary work of discernment and authentic self analysis is critical. Who are you? And what do you want? You only get there when you are tired of being on your knees in negotiation with GOD. You only get there when you are tired of begging the night for relief. You only get there when you DECIDE to stop lying and living in mess. You only get there when you are ready to own your life. You only get there when you begin to believe that YOU are magnificent.

Everyone loves to say "there are no do-overs" That you get one chance at life. But I say there are do-overs...EVERYDAY THAT YOU GET is a DO-OVER! What was true and real yesterday does not have to be true and real today. Believe that whatever yesterday brought you, does not have to be owned today. I am not suggesting ignoring realities. I am suggesting that you change your mind about how they affect you. What is your reality and is it bringing you joy this moment? If not?...then why are you accepting it? So this is my internal conversation, my period of discernment. This is my band aid emancipation. I am giving up pain.

WHO ARE YOU? AND WHAT DO YOU WANT?

8 comments:

LadyLee said...

Loved this post. If you are not where you want to be, stop self-medicating and do something about it.

Really though.

angela said...

LOVE IT!!! YES THERE ARE DO-OVERS!!! every MOMENT is a do over. EVERY MOMENT! how blessed are we that GOD has seen fit to allow us do-overs at every moment of our lives. at every moment of our lives we can CHOOSE. choose to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. whatever IT is.

as always love, right on time.

Just Kel said...

No more band aids! I love it and I needed this. Thank you for sharing!

KayC, The Quiet Storm said...

"No More Band Aids!"

HA! I have a new mantra. We are walking, walking, walking this life journey together. One step at a time.

My dance instructor tells us each time we prepare for a new show. "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

Yes, indeed. (((((HUGZ))))

Solomon said...

Great post!

It is true, there is no changing what is done, but everyday is a new beginning, and I'm beginning my new journey towards LOVE!

Mizrepresent said...

Oh you did that Lovebabz! So true! I love this...i so love it!

the prisoner's wife said...

preach sista!

i SO love that everyday, no matter what has gone wrong or blown up in my face, i can begin anew. thank God for the do-over!

Sista GP said...

the difference between Yesterday and Tomorrow? yesterday cannot change

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive