Tuesday, February 5, 2008

TRUE LOVE TUESDAY:LOVE AND PASSION IN POETRY #5

I have been in love with Haki R. Madhubuti since I found him in my library at College. He spoke to me and his voice has stayed with me always. I was going to post about trust and the breaking of trust. But last night, into the wee hours I was transfixed with another thought.

Haki R. Madhubuti

THE UNION OF TWO
For Ife and Jake

What matters is the renewing and long running kinship
seeking common mission, willing work, memory, melody, song.

marriage is an art,
created by the serious, enjoyed by the mature,
watered with morning and evening promises.

those who grow into love
remain anchored
like egyptian architecture and seasonal flowers.

it is afrikan that woman and man join in smile, tears, future.
it is traditional that men and women share expectations,
celebrations, struggles.

it is legend that the nations start in family.
it is afrikan that our circle expands.
it is wise that we believe in tomorrows, children, quality.
it is written that our vision will equal the promise.

so that your nation will live and tell your stories accurately,
you must be endless in your loving touch of each other,
your unification is the message,
continuance the answer.

August 7, 1986

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive