Tuesday, May 26, 2009

TRUE LOVE TUESDAY: CLEARER TODAY THAN YESTERDAY

"NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY
WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"
It is so easy to find yourself auditioning for some one's affections...time...concern...commitment. In our needy selves we bend over backwards to be agreeable...accomadating...available. "I love him/her" we say and we do all manner of things for them. They do little, to next to nothing for us. We struggle to win them...to make them love us. They never commit, maybe they give in a little and allow the attention we shower to continue. We convince ourselves that love isn't about equality...I do for him/her because it makes me feel good. But the reality is we are auditioning.
We are making someone our priority when they are seeing us as an option.
As I discern this dating life. I am struck at how I am not interested in having someone make me happy. I want to create my own happiness. I want to be in joy on my own. Perhaps that is why I am a reluctant dater. I am not in the mood to audition. I am not in the mood to struggle with anyone. I am not in the mood to support some one's issues...challenges...fears...lack of ambition...lack of future effort. I am not perfect. I am not looking for perfection. I just can't stand the bullshit. So where does that leave me? It leaves me clearer today than yesterday.
TODAY 12:30PM EST
WITH
718-766-4895

4 comments:

Soulpower said...

Babz, you are so dead on with this one. Enough with the auditioning already, real love doesn't require it.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Soulpower,
Youa re so right! Real Love doesn't require it!
Thank you for dropping in! You are always welcome here!

Solomon said...

You are so dead on with this one Lovebabz, I am tired of fighting for someone's affection, and doing all the giving, mean while they sit back and reap the benefits of my generosity, and at the name time they never have a damn thing to bring to the table themselves.

I'm done with selfish, self centered people that don't give my needs any consideration.

Mizrepresent said...

This has become my motto and words to live by!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive