Thursday, May 14, 2009

IF IT WERE EASY....

I am guilty of putting obstacles in my own way. When I know I have to do something hard, sometimes I resist. I resist with doing every other thing than the very thing I ought to be doing. Feel me. Self analysis is like that. Taking a long hard look at your life and getting to your truths is hard.

If it were easy so many folks wouldn't be running from their lives...hearts...minds. We wander around not quite connecting the dots from I know who I am to I know what I want. We don't dare ask the hard questions because we don't want the answers. We would rather allow the world to tell us falsely who we are and what we should have. We carry false notions of success and we are too much for the romantic side of love and not enough for the realities of love.

So who is in charge of your happiness? Who's in charge of your heart's desires? Who's in charge of your health? Who's in charge of your life. These are ongoing questions. They do not end when we find ourselves in loveships, marriages, trysts, affairs. They become even more important when are connected to another. Love allows us to grow in partnership. Love allows for continued tending of our own happiness. When I am happy in myself then I come to the loveship already happy. I walk the world already happy.

If it were easy all our loveships would be peaceful and harmonious. I am looking hard and lovingly at my life. What obstacles are in my way...real or imagined that keeps me from my heart's desires?

4 comments:

princessdominique said...

This post is the truth. Made me reflect a little bit too, but then your posts always make me reflect. Enjoy your weekend Babz.

drleah@singlemommyhood.com said...

I ask myself many of those same questions every day. It's really how to keep your own life (mostly) on track. Thanks so much for highlighting and reminding us all. I'm off to do some thinking ...

the prisoner's wife said...

aint that the truth. i ask myself many of these same questions. connecting the dots from who i am to what i want is hard. not that i don't KNOW, but actually going out and getting it....takes work, hard work.

Solomon said...

I don't know what to think anymore, seems that whatever I do there is just MORE OBSTICLES, it never ends, and I am tired!

Tired of never getting it right.

Maybe I'll just curl up in the fetal position and stay in bed!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive