Wednesday, May 27, 2009

GETTING TO KNOW ME...I'VE BEEN LOVINGLY TAGGED!

My kindred Blog-Sister Kay C, The Quiet Storm TAGGED ME! So if you are in the mood to share...consider yourself TAGGED!

Rules:
1.) Respond: answer the questions on your blog.
2.) Replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
3.) Tag eight other people.

What's your current obsession?
Crafting. Making my own cards. Tricking out journals. Tapping into my creative self

What's your must have fashion need?
Sun dresses, long skirts, tunic tops

What are you wearing right now?
Blue sweat pants and a white men's t-shirt

What's your favorite food?
I like so many different kinds of food...too many to say a favorite

What do you do for fun?
I like roaming furniture stores, I like hunting for home things, dishes, glasses, linens
I love pouring over magazines spread across my bed
I love being outside in my bare feet

What made today special?
That I get to have the entire day to myself

What would you like to learn to do?
Learn Argentinian tango
Ballroom dancing

What's the last thing you bought?
Propane tank for grill

What are you listening/watching right now?
Paris Groove, by the Rippingtons

What's your favorite weather?
Sunny, 80s, no humidity

What's your one goal in life?
To live the best possible life imaginable

What do you think of the person that tagged you?
Kay C is an amazing woman. We are on the same parallel journey. We are Sisters.

If you could have a house totally paid for, what would it look like?
I love Mediterranean style house with lots of land and trees and flowers....roses...peonies...begonias

What would you like to have in your hands right now?
Unlimited bank account

What would be your ideal job
My own foundation to support women, families and children in urban/rural areas

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour where would you go?
Any well kept botanical garden

What language would you like to learn?
French
Spanish more fluently

What do you look for in a friend?
Authenticity, kindness, loyalty and laughter

Who do you want to meet in person?
I would host a fab dinner party and would invite Ghandi, Zora Neale Hurtson, Mary McCloud Bethune, Dr. King, Coretta King, Dorothy Dandridge, Scott Joplin, Duke Ellington, Charlie Parker, Ella Fitzgerald, Lena Horne, Calvin Lockhart, Cornell West, Ida Wells, Barbara Jordan, Octavia Butler, Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Golda Meir, Eleanor Roosevelt, Nikki Giovanni, June Jordan, Haki Madhubuti.


Describe your personal style?
Classic elegance. Relaxed, easy and very comfortable

What's your favorite t.v. show?
Battlestar Gallactica
Just about anything on HGTV
The Closer
Amazing Grace
The Amazing Race
Top Chef
Project Runway


What's your favorite book or author(s)
Parable of the Sower...Octavia Butler
Manchild in The Promised Land...Claude Brown
Sula...Toni Morrison
What Looks Like Crazy On An Ordinary Day....Pearl Cleage
Stength To Love...Martin Luther King
Things Fall apart...Chinua Achebe
Their Eyes Were Watching God...Zora Neale Hurston
Letters to My Daughter...Maya Angelou
Soul On Ice...Eldridge Cleaver
Sonnets from The Porteguese...Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(and countless others I could/should name if I sat still for a moment)

What's your favorite dessert?
blueberry pie
vegan chocolate chip cookies

What's your favorite makeup brand?
Bare Esenctuals...mineral makeup...foundation
MAC lipsticks
Dior lipsticks
any blush on sale in the drugstore

What's your all time favorite perfume?
any rose inspired scent. I love sandalwood...earthy

What's something that you don't currently like about yourself?
I spend to much time on folks who do not deserve my time

What's your fondest childhood memory?
Every Holiday! We always had grand Christmases, Happy Thanksgivings and great cookouts in the summer

What would you do w/a major lottery winning?
I would become more philanthropic

If you had to pick a song for your funeral/memorial service, what would you choose?
So Far Away...by Carol King.
Lovely Day...Bill Withers

If you could change one regret you have in life, what would it be?
That I didn't get the chance to adopt another baby.

If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
What else could I have done to serve you


2 comments:

Just Kel said...

The Closer is one of my faves.

Can I be invited to the fab dinner? I so wanna pluck Nikki Giovanni's brain.

Great answers!

Monique said...

I've met Haki Madhubuti. Wonderful, wonderful man! has a great spirit about him.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive