Saturday, June 18, 2011

DEAR LONLINESS... GET IN LINE, TAKE A NUMBER

The last several days have been quite illuminating.  I was stunned to realize that I am lonely...really lonely.  Not the I-don't-have-anything-to-do kind of loneliness.  The kind of loneliness that moves with you as you go about your day.  It is the looking up and realizing there is no one there to catch your hand, share a joke, cuddle with.  It's knowing you are alone and there is no one you want to be with, or anyone who wants to be with you.  I have great friends, but they have commitments and lovers, and kids and full lives.  This is real loneliness that requires more than just filling my days with endless activities. And wishing for some magical man to make passionate love to me.  If only it were that simple.

I think the way to move through this new awareness is to respect the fact that I know what I am feeling.  I can name it. Make room for it and move on and continue to do what I need to be doing.  The key here is not to stop and wallow and lament the loneliness.  The train has to keep moving.  Loneliness is not a pit stop.  Or maybe it is...for a minute. dear loneliness, get in line take a number.  There are other issues vying for my full attention and I am just one woman trying to make my way. 

Big Mark 243 left this comment yesterday.... 
Let the momentum pull you through... you don't have to 'do' as much as you should simply 'be'. The way is there and you know it, so continue on your path. Wise advice to which I am going to take.


I am not ignoring my loneliness, it won't let me anyway. I am going to continue to feel what I am feeling.  Continue building my life.  Enjoying the pleasures that come my way and be open for companionship, partnership and true love when it shows up.  Gone are the days of trying to mask the pain, or fill the empty spaces with foolishness and mayhem. I am done running.

2 comments:

Mizrepresent said...

I was like this, years after my divorce and also after several failed attempts at a relationship. This too shall pass, believe me. Now i am at such a peaceful, knowing state that i sometimes forget the lonliness that encompassed my life. Now my life is full! Full of promise. Full of Joy! Full of beautiful, beautiful visions of what's to come. Never forget Gods place in your life and his plan for you...as Big Mark said..."just be"...it will all fall into place. Hugz always!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Thanks Miz,
You always know what to say!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive