Saturday, September 19, 2009

THE RESTORATIVE POWER OF A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP

Of late, I have been wrestling with confusion in my personal life. This is odd for me because I am always quite clear about what to do and where to go. Even when I am a bit befuddled I can think my way through or feel my way through a situation, crisis, problem. I am gifted with a highly intuitive nature.

My intuition has served me well. I am always feeling things about people, places and things. I trust in what I know and what I feel. I used to be believe it was a freakish duality. But I am realizing that it is not a duality at all. I am not at odds with myself. What I am at odds with is not listening to my instincts and not backing it up with what I think and what I know. GOD has always been the driving force in my life. It is that voice that guides and directs me. Listening to other folks whispering or shouting about what they want, think and need for my life is at best NOISE.

I know GOD has a divine plan for this life... my life. I know that GOD is my friend and I can talk with GOD anytime I want to. I have been doing more of that lately. I am on the right path. If I were not, trust me, GOD would certainly drop a burning bush in front of me. Believe me, I've had many burning bushes. I can however get in my own way and become stuck and stubborn in stepping forward. When I recognize that pattern or better still bad habit. I push myself into prayer and rest.

So last night I went to bed rather early about 10:30pm I was very tired and sleepy. I slept beautifully and thoroughly without interruption or restlessness. I woke up at 6:00am with this strong sense of knowing all shall be well and all shall be well. That what is meant for me will not get past me. I needed that deep sleep to restore and reset my commitment to living my life on my terms.

I woke up with a new commitment to pursue my dreams, love fully and to be open to God's grace. I have some goals I want to accomplish and I am feeling very powerful in finally working on being disciplined. Disciplined in a loving focused staying-true-to me kind of way. I am not troubled in my heart or head. The moments of confusion have past. I see clearly. I am not wearing someone Else's uncertainty. The world is a delightful bright place and I want more of that brightness and joy.

A good night's sleep is restorative and necessary. It is a gift we give ourselves in love and happiness. My charge will be to give the gift of rest to myself every night and wake refreshed with God's grace carrying me forward.

6 comments:

drleah@singlemommyhood.com said...

The gift of rest ...YES! Something each of us has the power to bestow on ourselves. I needed this reminder as I try to make my way in this hectic life. Thank you, my friend!

Solomon said...

You always have such encouraging words that seem to speak directly too me. I'm glad everything is working out. Keep doing what your doing and things can only get better.

Keith said...

I'm trying to do the same thing myself Lovebabz...Get a good night's rest..Just can't get my mind to shut down.

Mizrepresent said...

Great advice. It reminds me of a line from one of my favorite songs...Be careful how you touch her, for she will awaken and sleeps the only freedom that she knows.

Monique said...

A good night's rest is the BEST thing. As the mother of a young child (he's only 13 months and still not quite sleeping the whole night) I find that I when I can finally sleep, I SLEEP! But I wake up with a renewed spirit, more energy and quite clear. Why else did God say we rest on the 7th day? LOL

Singlemommyhood said...

So true Babz! My dad took my kid overnight this weekend, and I thought to myself, "Being able to get a full night's sleep -- and sleep in -- is a gift!" Then I thought: "And it's free!"

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive