Monday, September 14, 2009

A NEW DIRECTION....AND ON THE SAME PATH

Tonight I start at the School of Spirituality. The School of Spirituality is a two-year, ecumenical adult education program that helps individuals from a variety of faith traditions and communities deepen their basic understanding of Christian spirituality, scripture, prayer and mission. I am thrilled to have won a 2 year scholarship to sit and study and learn with like-minded travelers on this spiritual path.

I wanted to do this program a few years ago, but I had other pressing matters...serving time at Danbury Federal Prison camp and then 5 months home confinement. I was so thrilled when the opportunity came back around and I was able to apply AND get a scholarship!

My path is illuminating and all I have to do is keep taking the steps forward. This has been an amazing summer, filled with passion, and love found and love lost. What is needed always comes. I do not believe there are distractions in life. I believe that every encounter with a person, place or thing is designed to grow us and shape us. There are no accidents in life, GOD is a master choreographer, architect and guide. Sometimes the lessons before us are simple, sometimes they require further discernment. I am moved to follow this new direction.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an interesting course of study. I'm a recovering Pentecostal, and a Religious Studies minor, so I wish you the best . . .

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

thecheekofgod,
It is very interesting. I was raised in a pentecostal church...I am now (last 10 yrs)happily a member of United Church Of Christ...UCC

I think this wil be an amazing experience. I will keep you posted :)

alto artist said...

That sounds very exciting--learn, enjoy!

--aa.

Solomon said...

It sounds like your path is opening up for you. Isn't it wonderful when we can see that all the pain we'vw endured, and all the work we've done is actually paying off.

Good luck in your studies.

Just Kel said...

Congratulations & the best of luck on your new path.

laurie said...

I am so happy for you. Congrats, my dear sister.

angela said...

very, very happy for you sis :p

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...this sounds very interesting. So what type of spirituality is this? Is it a Christian based thing or what? Good Luck..sounds fun!

Sincerely,

Go

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive