Wednesday, October 15, 2008

BLOG ACTION DAY 08: POVERTY



My children are not hungry. We are not poor and we are not in need of basic staples for survival. We have shelter, food, clothing and running water. I am not wringing my hands over where the next meal will come from, nor do I have to make the decision to choose food over medicine. Not only am I OK, I have a village of folks who are concerned about my welfare and that of my children everyday. I am no more blessed than the person struggling to live inspite of poverty, or families that do not have my village of caring folks to support and stand in the gaps.

Today I am blogging with Blog Action Day 08 to raise awareness about poverty and to begin to end poverty in the world RIGHT NOW.

A part of poverty for me that causes me great concern is hunger. I HATE the thought that there are folks right here in my City that go to bed without a meal. I HATE the thought that families are making decisions about how many meals they can get by on. We must not allow poverty to exist another day!

We must stand in the gaps for our Brothers and Sisters who are in need. We must do what we can where we are in our communities. Think Global, ACT local.

Use today to act on what YOU can do to lend your voice, talents and helping hands to ending poverty in our lifetime.

3 comments:

kouji said...

for my part, i turn to sites like freerice, kiva, and goodsearch, as ways to help alleviate poverty online.

saw this post via the front page of blog action day. it's great that you're participating. :)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i cant say one or another - living in africa i have seen disease, hunger, death, starvation and so much more, folks sleeping in sewers, taking baths in waste - all equal to me = same pain

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

I give thru my spiritual community, money comes out of my bank account every week and we feed people around the world..

Great job in blog awareness.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive