Thursday, September 27, 2007

I’m Heeere!

When my sister Babz asked me to fill in her absence, I hesitated. “Babz, I can’t commit to that, I don’t have enough time in my day.” I replied. How could I possibly find time to write about my thoughts on something without distraction – daily!?!! While I do spend considerable time using my computer and searching the internet, it's usually conducting research for work (or home remodeling projects). I have two new contracts which require my immediate attention, both my boys have been battling colds for the past two weeks and I need to finish reconstructing my fireplace. (sigh) Then I realized we find the time for the things that matter to us.

I make time for pro-football EVERY year. So much so that family and friends know NOT to call between 1-6 PM on Sundays in September through December (and sometimes Sunday nights!). When I gave birth to my first son on a Thursday night in November, I told my doctor and the attending nurses that I needed to he home by Sunday 1PM – I was.

So, this is important to Babz - which makes it important to me. I've promised to make time to maintain the vehicle that has provided her a source of strength and reflection. I will do my best to maintain the standard she has set and will communicate as frequently as possible, with the promise of at least three times a week. Check me next week.

4 comments:

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Thanks Lo, you are AMAZING and you are going to do a great job! I love you...always! Feel free to post pictures of all your home improvement projects.

Ms. Betty said...

Hey "Lo", it's been a long time. Thank you for looking out for your sister. I know that you played a huge part in the outcome of this ordeal. I can't wait to read your posts.

? said...

Welcome, Sister Lo! Lovebabz speaks very highly of you, and I'm excited to read your work!

Pro-football fan, INDEED. I don't know any chick who loves football so much that she plans birth around it. Though I do know PLENTY of chicks who'd plan their baby's birth around American Idol. So keep on keepin' on! ;-)

dali said...

Hi, love reading your blog. You have
a marvelous way of writing. I'll be back for more. Thanks a lot.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive