Monday, May 2, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! AND HERE'S WHAT I WANT...

Turning 48 is powerful! I feel more of myself than I ever have. The fears that dogged me in my 20s and 30s seem like small grains of sand in the hour glass of my life. What was I so worried about? I am embracing growing older...I rather like it. I have learned a few things and I am compelled to make them cornerstones for living.  I am becoming.

So here goes:

No more catering to bullshit.

No more investing all my emotional energy into other's people's shit.

I will say NO to stuff I do not want to do.

I will wear what I want to if it makes me happy!

I will go at my own pace through my life.

I am tending to my own dreams.

I am stopping myself from caring about what other people think about my choices, 
my decisions, my life, my shoes.

I will go out more...ALONE!

I will do all the things that broaden my intellect and my experiences.

Will put myself at the top of my list EVERYDAY!

I am done having relationship conversations with people who are not interested in relationships.

When talking to people about their unhappiness I will point them to their own north star
 (because they already have the answers yet they act like they don't).

I am going to craft more...tap all that artistic energy that is waiting to be let out.

WILL FALL IN LOVE AT EVERY TURN.

5 comments:

alto artist said...

Happy birthday!!

--aa.

Monique said...

Happy happy birthday!

Moanerplicity said...

oTAAAAY. So 5/2 IS the actual factual? Coolness. I dig your new Manifesto... The "I'ma Do Me!" Of The Selfish, Self-Secure, Self-Reliant, Self-Disciplined, Self-Aware Variety! I say DO YOU till ya blue in duh face, & snatch mad JOY in it!


Happy Natal Day, Lovely One!


One Love.

Lin

Big Mark 243 said...

wow... I couldn't leave a comment the other day... will go back and leave one, if possible...

Happy Birthday..!

Lovebabz said...

THANK YOU ALL! I do so appreciate my blog family!