Thursday, May 12, 2011

GOOD BYE REALITY SHOWS...YOU'RE FIRED! I AM CASTING MY VOTE FOR ME!

I am giving up Reality Shows.  I never thought I was watching that many.  I told myself I was discerning about the ones I gave my attention too.  I certainly didn't like shows that I thought were insipid, triffling and just plan outrageous.  I thought I was watching shows that were inspiring, motivating and intellectually interesting. HA HA HA!

I am realizing I am neither inspired, or motivated, by any of the ones I watch.  I was giving my attention to shows and taking away from pursuing my own dreams, goals and tasks.  Sitting on my couch intensely concerned about someone else reaching their goal of singing, cooking, racing, designing, decorating  did nothing for my motivation to reach my own goals.  How is it that I can cheer on stangers on tv and not cheer my ownself? Not push myself to the limit and yet I can encourage reality show participants to keep pushing.  Aren't I in a challenge?  What's at stake in my own life? I mean I need to redirect that thinking!

So I am giving up my reality shows.  Guilty pleasures that serve to do nothing more than dully entertain me, medicate me, divert my attention from focusing on my own quality of life and those around me in my care.  I am not knocking reality shows.  What I am doing, is putting my own life in order and pursuing the things I say that I want.  This is a quality of life issue. How do I want to live? What do I want on my mind and in my spirit.  In reality my life is as real as it gets...no cameras, no audience, no cheering fans. Just me, myself and I with kids.

Have I wasted time? I don't think so. I rather like to think that I get the message as needed. And I am getting the message that I need to turn my attention back to my own goal chasing.  I need to redirect my cheering away from "them" and back to me!  So goodbye Realtiy Shows, YOU"RE FIRED! I am casting my vote for ME!

1 comment:

Just Kel said...

I hear you Sister Lovebabz!

I spent my Thursday, last week, watching Millionaire Matchmaker marathon for the advice that Patti Stanger offers but really... I already have standards and she's not teaching me anything I don't know - just reinforcing what I already value and I can very well do that myself without spending 8 hours watching it on television.

I could have been on my stationary bike.
I could have been writing short stories.
I could have given myself a mani or pedi or both!
I could have been doing anything other than hoping that the millionaires picked the right woman and the woman they picked were right for the man.

I know that was a long-winded comment - I just so agree with your post!

BTW how was NYC to you?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive