Friday, January 1, 2010

I AM BACK: HAPPY NEW YEAR

2010.

It is full of possiblity...romance...hope...love.

I've been away too long. I thought I was spending time discovering love, but really I was sacrificing a part of myself. We often think love calls us to give up the better part of ourselves. If someone that we love asks us to sacrifice...we do. To do so, shows love. But I think it doesn't show love at all. If someone loves you, they wouldn't ask you to be something that you are not... they wouldn't ask you to stop breathing.

So I stopped breathing. I stopped breathing because someone objected to my blogging. Objected to my philosophy, objected to the way I see the world. And in my willingness to keep them interested in me...to keep them in love with me...I thought...I will silence my heart...soul...mind.

I knew better.

And Yet I talked myself into silence. That's what women do...those of us who want the company of a man....

I am not ashamed. I play the hands that are dealt me.

2010 ushers in a new thinking...a shift . I can't give total voice to it...will allow 2010 to unfold and gift me its divine possibilities!

I can't begin to say how unbelievably optimistic I am about the new decade ahead.

I am sitting here in the newness of this new decade in this very new millennium.

What I know for sure is that I've missed dissecting my feelings...thoughts and experiences around love, commitment and love. I am ready for the love supreme.

Happy New Year!

13 comments:

alto artist said...

Wishing you the happiest of new years and a marvelous 2010!

--aa.

BessieAkuba said...

Happy New Year! Glad to have you back!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Happy New Year Alto Artist and The Fabulous Do Gooder. It feels lovely to be back!

KayC, The Quiet Storm said...

Happy New Year dearest sister. Knew you would be back soon.

Love is a drug. It can be addictive and make you do things no one else can. It is perfectly understandable to explore the possibilities. The beginnings stages of love are sooo good!

The wonderful thing is you have learned to recognize the warning signs in the drug. You are clear enough to see them and you can make clear decisions.

Welcome back to blogland :-)

(((HUGS)))

CoogieCruz said...

Happy New Year! Happy to read you decided not to silence yourself for anybody.

Luv said...

welcome back... as if I am one to talk. i am so ready for this year... can't wait to see how you experience pushes me more and more out of my comfort zone.

let's get it in

LadyLee said...

BABZ!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

You know, sometimes you have to go through something like that so that you can fully understand why you don't need to be in it.

Yeah, sounds convoluted. But you get what I mean.

Let peace and progress be your internal umpires, Ma. That's all I gotta say about that. I'm glad the silence is over.

drleah@singlemommyhood.com said...

You've been sorely missed . . .

Welcome back, my friend!

Mizrepresent said...

Happy New Year and welcome back, you have surely been missed!

Anonymous said...

Babz,

I am so glad that you have decided to return. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blogs, they have helped me during my own transition more than you could ever know.

Welcome Back, and may 2010 bring you all of the happiness and prosperity your heart can hold!!!

Keith said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU YOO!

angela said...

so glad you're back. continue to breathe sis.... on your terms.

ang

Solomon said...

Welcome back Lovebabz!

And Happy 2010 also!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive