Thursday, March 24, 2016

#24 Poem-A-Day Challenge: Rest

3:00 am is the goal
stay asleep until then
make it to then
try try try

having just closed my eyes at 12:30 or 1:00 am or whenever
or never

PTSD...
POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER
is not curable
there is no nothing except complete exhaustion
which is its own danger
the body betrays... falls down
shuts down
quits

maybe even dies
i've been warned

i take great solace in your undeserved prayers for me
i rest in the gaps of your breaths asking how I am

your hello is the best rest I get to have

Babz Rawls Ivy
3/24/16


No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive