Thursday, October 21, 2010

I AM ALRIGHT

I am still feeling good about all the possibilities ahead of me. Oh yes, I have major issues to deal with...my house and saving it.  Trying to figure out if we can afford to send our oldest daughter to parochial high school next year. Keeping all the children clothed and fed on a tight budget.  And yet I am happy.

I put up new curtains in the living room and dinning room.  I saved for 5 months to get interlined drapes to insulate the windows this winter.  I am so proud of that effort.  It is a small pleasure, and man-oh-man it makes me feel so good!  I realize at this point in my life that I truly can choose to wring my hands in despair or worry, or I can look for the small pleasures in the day and find joy and delight in breathing and walking. I've been through some tough crippling times and I remain strong and rooted.  I would love more money...not to make me happy, but to take away some of the immediate concerns of survival. Regardless all is good.  All is well.  All shall be well.

This is my favorite time of the year.  A time of snuggling and crisp air and pies baking.  I am alright.

2 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Loving the positive attitude! & it's true how brightening up or changing one's surroundings will often bring about a feeling of pleasure & self-satisfaction.

I hope everything else works out for you & yours, my Sista. Keep the faith... & remember to tell that medium-sized storm just how BIG GOD is!

SJ!

One.

Just Kel said...

Sister Lovebabz,

I am happy that you are all right. Peace and blessings to you.

It is truly a gift to be able to appreciate the little things.

I have to try my hand at baking pies... I'm a baker of cakes and cookies... but I love this season as well. :-)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive