Monday, February 1, 2010

LOVE IS IN THE AIR: POETRY

I never realized it but February is one of my most favorite months. Black history month is celebrated! and Valentine's Day! I love love love Valentine's Day! So I am taking a bit of a break from my lamenting my life and will share my favorite love poems and songs/videos by Black people and anything else that speaks to LOVE!

Here is a poem from Haki Madbhubuti...whom I am wild for! LOL! Check him out at Third World Press.

LOVE GETS TOO MUCH CREDIT
UNTIL IT FINDS YOU

you don't find love, it finds you
not that love is hidden or unavailable
it's on its own mission searching for receptive souls.
love cannot be bought, sold or ordered with dinner,
cannot be charged on gold cards or revolving accounts,
cannot be bartered with food stamps, coupons or promises,
cannot be redeemed with cashier checks or money orders.
love is seasoned and concealed in fine fire,
delicate music and accessible secrets that are quilted
to the tone of distinctive voices wrapped in unconditions and
clear commitments
created for unique lovers who have matured
and are prepared to receive the most precious of stones
allowing love to tango its cultured language generously
and unencumbered into the essence of those
who are blessed.

1 comment:

Just Kel said...

Awesome piece! Thank you for sharing. I'm looking forward to more this month.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive