Tuesday, April 14, 2009

TRUE LOVE TUESDAY: LOVE TRUE

I do not like complicated things. My mind easily breaks down the most complicated things, scenarios, problems, challenges, dilemmas. I am not scientific in my thinking approach. I just tap into my high intuitive nature and more times than not I have a clear and precise answer. This is how its always been for me. The only time it fails me is when I ignore what I know and feel. There are a lot of folks who do not get how I am this way. Or more exactly, how I can be so emotional and feel everything. I am always always baffled how they cannot.

So this brings me to love and how in love, we are called to extend ourselves beyond what we think and trust in how we feel. Love does not ask us for perfection. Love does not asks to be convincing or defended or calculated. It asks us to love true. To be authentic and bold and brave. There is no certainty in anything other than death and taxes. Love for some can be fleeting and grand, ethereal and solid, loud and peaceful. For others love seems just out of reach. Out of reach because too much is placed on romantic love and stolen kisses, rather than the day to day embracing of another's spirit and shortcomings and humanity. Love requires faith. Bravery. And a willingness to let love in.

I am no scientist. I do not have all the answers. I am a transitioning woman...learning to maneuver in the world, only certain in my ability to love true.
TODAY 12:30 PM EST
AFTER THE LENTEN JOURNEY
718-766-4895

11 comments:

princessdominique said...

You are so right about this and I did an interview on BlogTalk last night and the topic was "Love Better" and I shared, it's about the giving and each partner loving and giving 100% not 50/50. Who wants someone that gives half an effort. Let me mediate on this some more I'm sure I'll be back with something else.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

have a gr8 show - we know u no scientist - nice post jones

CareyCarey said...

Keep droping pieces of wisdom and I'll continue to pick them up. Your voice is strong.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Welcome Princess Dominique,
I am doing my best to love better and love true. Thank for taking time to drop in :)

Torrance,
Thanks :)

CareyCarey,
Thank you. I appreciate the fine compliment :)
Dropped by your blog address...fine writing over there ;)

Sista GP said...

I must be somewhere in the middle. My emotions and practicality are intertwined.

Solomon said...

I feel what you said about love seems just out of reach, because to much is placed on romantic love and stolen kisses, rather than the day to day embracing of another's spirit and shortcomings and humanity.

Many people don't know what it is like to truely love another, they are more concerned about what is in it for them, rather than being concerned for the other person.

Great post as usual Lovebabz

Just Kel said...

Love true is real talk! I love it.

Love is so simplistic and fantastic. You don't have to put on or take off, just tap into what already is.

Anonymous said...

Good Post... I love it! It's true I think I've experienced true love in my life at least once for sure!

Go.

The Artist In Me said...

Great post Love! Love truly knows no limits and is definitely a force to be reckoned with. I have learned that love comes much easier once you understand and accept an individual for who they are.

Moanerplicity said...

This entry so reminded me of my best friend, T. She too has a very strong, even POWERFUL sense of intuition. Those times it's used, things work out for the best. Those things she ignores it, hellish circumstances ensue.

I hope the show turned out great, and continues to provoke something real in each listener receptive to its message.


Been gone a while, but YOURS was the first blog I rolled by upon my return.

Have a Blessed & relaxing weekend.

SJ!

One.

Lin

Vérité Parlant said...

You've been awarded the Noblesse Oblige Award. Please see this link.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive