Saturday, April 11, 2009

NO WARRANTY..."AS IS" BABY

I am on the upswing! I am feeling my stride. What was dark. bleak. sad. Is now joyous! Everywhere I look there's a rainbow. There's a rainbow because I say so. I believe so.

I am an optimist. I believe in the healing and restorative certainty of love. Not in the certainty of people, mind you. But in the power to motivate people with love and through love. Yes I would like to know that someone has my back...can fire a shot need be. But that speaks to trust. Trust is love in action...it says without question I will be there. It is not my word...but my doing. Everyone likes to ask What Would Jesus Do? But I say look what Jesus DID!

We are all frail and wounded and desperate. Love heals the broken places. Not lovers. I am my own gift. And I must remember to give myself back to myself when I am feeling lonely or sad or angry.

I cannot live up to any one's expectations. I am a woman in transition. I am a women born to love. My right now has to be good enough. And I believe in my heart that the right man will be drawn to my right now and will appreciate the "As Is" no warranty.

So here's my deal: You gotta take love the "As Is" Otherwise keep it moving, there's other cars out there, find one with the right warranty that you can live with. It's always about what you can live with.

12 comments:

The Real Ginger said...

Your post is exquisite! As are you. Everything is beautiful in it's own time.
It looks like your time has come.

Sista GP said...

One thing about an as-is warranty, you will have to know how to make your own repairs.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

The Real Ginger,

Thnak you very much. I am feeling just that :)

Sista GP
The car is my metaphor for my life. That's the best part...making my own repairs and not leaving it to someone to fix the car (me)

There are no warranties in life.

CareyCarey said...

Hello Miss Lovebabz.

I noticed a reply of yours in another blog "southernthang" I liked your courage.

Although I am a man our lives are similar. I wanted to visit the women behind your word so I joined as a follower. However, I don't think I did it correctly so here is my blogspot http://careycarey-carrymehome.blogspot.com/2009/03/what-about-time-called-now.html ....when you have time come by and sprinkle a little wisdom on me. You seem to be speaking from experience ...I like that!

CareyCarey said...

I wanted to direct you to "what about a time called now" in March blogs

Solomon said...

Yes, your right now is good enough!

flutter said...

rock it, lady.

Mizrepresent said...

I love the new look!

Trust is love in action!

Superb!

KayC, The Quiet Storm said...

Living in the right now and having an as-is attitude is very zen. I applaud you for coming through everything better and with more clarity.

I have learned the only thing stressing gives you, is health issues and grey hair ;) Although I sport my grey proudly, I believe that what God has in store for us, no one else will get.

Just Kel said...

I love how you've transitioned in this Lenten season.


And I must remember to give myself back to myself when I am feeling lonely or sad or angry.


So true. So true!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Carey Carey,
Welcome! All I got is this life :) I try to live with as much grace and care and honesty as I can. I will certainly drop by.

Solomon,
Thank you! Yes I do believe my right now is FABULOUS! :)

Flutter,
Thanks kindred Sister :)

MizR
Thanks so much :)

Kay C, The Quiet Storm,
Zen is what I am shooting for :)
What's meant for you won't get by you :)

MsKNowItAll,
This Lenten Journey has been a wonderful journay of tapping into my creative side.

We give ourselves away all the time. Now is the time to give ourselves back to ourselves.

Vérité Parlant said...

Listening to your show right now, but also read this post.

I am an optimist. I believe in the healing and restorative certainty of love. Not in the certainty of people, mind you. But in the power to motivate people with love and through love.Yes, that's an important distinction to make.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive