Monday, March 9, 2009

MY LENTEN JOURNEY: EMBRACING THIS MOMENT OF SOLITUDE & REFLECTION

There is something to being connected to the seasons. Being connected in a very organic kind of way. I spent the winter making stews, and soups and biscuits and cornbread. But now I feel the need for salads and lighter fish fare. Spring is coming!

Off with the old and on with the new. Yes the new. I have to let go of things that are not for me really. No matter how I wish them to be. Wishing doesn't make it so. These are definitely prayerful days. I am feeling very brave and very open. I do not know what tomorrow holds for me. I know what I want and I am summoning the courage to move in that direction. There are worries to contend with. I am beating them back as I said that I would, not giving in to the negative talk or thinking. This Lenten Journey is showing me that I have a creative spirit and spiritual nature. I call upon those strengths to move me further on my journey.

Letting go means to release myself from old hurts and complicated relationships. I am done with complicated matters. I want simplicity and serenity. I don't want to be ruled by the news of the day. I want peace and laughter and joy and good meals and wine!

So here I am looking out the window watching the snow and rain mix falling. I feel alone and lonely but not sad. I am feeling hopeful and prayerful that all my hearts desires' shall manifest in my big life. I am embracing this moment of solitude and aloness. Taking this time to reflect on where am I exactly? And what do I see?

I am embracing this moment of solitude and reflection. Standing fully in this moment awaiting Spring and shortly letting go of Winter. I've got more to discern as I walk this lonely road.

Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

3 comments:

Solomon said...

I too, am letting go of the things that hold me back. The negativity, relationships with people that don't have my best interest in mind, and I can hardly wait for spring, this winter wasn't good to me so I need to let go of it also.

Sprng is coming, that means positive change is near, thank God for that!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Solomon,
This was a very long winter. I am ready for Spring. I am ready to shed coats, scarves, negative people and naysayers!

Bring on Spring!

LadyLee said...

My dearest BABZ!!

I hear you... Sometimes, it is a good thing just to get quiet and listen to your heart.

I am at a point right now where I am really discerning my relationships and being sure to embrace the dynamic each one brings to my life...

"I know what I want and I am summoning the courage to move in that direction."

Yes, these are days of courage and faith. One thing to want something, but another to step out on that path and march forward.

Definitely a time for solitude and reflection indeed.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive