Sunday, May 18, 2008

IT'S ALWAYS JAZZ SUNDAY: JAMAL'S KISS

I had a childhood friend named Jamal D. who lived a few doors down from me. He is perhaps a year or two older than me. We have been friends all of our lives. I grow up with him crushing on me in the biggest way. He was always respectful and very well behaved. He did however worship the ground that I walked on. I mean everyday he would sit in his front window and wait for me to pass. Sometimes he would be waiting outside to walk me to my door. When he graduated HS he went off to college, Coppin State. I went off to College the next year. We always stayed in touch by writing and calling each other. We even made a pledge to be friends for ever and ever.

My first Summer back from school we both were home at the same time. That's when it happened. He came by our house to drop in to visit. We were sitting on the couch in the living room talking about sororities and fraternities and college life in general. In one bold move he sweeps me into his arms and kisses me. I mean it was like 1 million bolts of electricity surging through my body. It truly was an out of body experience. I was stunned. I was overwhelmed. I never felt anything like it since.

We have always been close, so close that I once asked him to marry me. He declined, not because he didn't love me, but because he knew I needed to do other things---like finish my education. He was right. I haven't seen or heard from Jamal in years and I still think of that kiss. I swear as I remember it, it is still jolting. I swear I was looking for that kiss for years on the lips of different men and to no avail. Even when I did get married, I still longed for that kiss. That knock your socks off, curl your toes kiss.

So kissing is a big deal to me. Because I once had a kiss so sweet, so intense that it changed my life. So Prince Charming might be looking for some chick who could rock a glass slipper...I am however, looking for lips that can deliver the ultimate kiss!

1000 Things I want to Do Before I Die:
26. Train to become an astronaut
27. Make a quilt
28. Learn to belly dance
29. Parachute jump
30. Take an art class (paint, pottery, etc)

11 comments:

Mizrepresent said...

OMG lovebabz, i so loved this story...and i hear ya on that kiss...a kiss can send you to the moon...not everyone can do that...i am too waiting on that moment, that kiss...ah...feels good just thinking about it!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

MizR,
Sister you are right about that...not just any ole' body can deliver THAT kiss! I am talking about a kiss on its own merrit, not connected to sex or as a precursor to sex.

Xave said...

Well dip me in chocolate and lick me clean! I didn't see this one coming. Is this payback? LOL

MWUAH!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Peace and Love,

Alizé (LoversA.blogspot.com)

CapCity said...

Wait! After all that waiting & watching U -- he only gave u a KISS? not saying he had to marry u, but there HAS to be more to THAT story... u holdin' out...i can tell! LOL!

Sista GP said...

A glass slipper is a fad. The perfect kiss lasts forever.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Xavier,
You are too cute. But no not payback. Why would there be payback?

Capcity,
Sister there is indeed more to the story. But I am keeping that in my pocket. (smile)

Sister GP,
You are right!

KO Johnson,
You are right, I won't find THAT kiss, but I will surely find one that delivers the same feelings...I hope!

Don said...

i have to be really in love with a woman to kiss her. same as the other thing. there has to be love, or i'm just not feeling it.

enjoyed the read nevertheless. you are filled with passion i see.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Don,
That is so interesting. You should post about that. I would love to hear your perspective.

And yes I am a passionate person.

-Q. said...

Im with Cap on this one..
Homeboy got the schedule down, rekindling after school and all that.. The pot boiled over or is sizzlin right now if the kiss was like that lol!

On a side-note..I envy your consistency Babz, so now I must study.. -Q.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Hey Q,
Hey, believe it or not there is still shit I am not telling! Just know that he remains my very best friend...although I have not seen him in years. I think of him every so often and I smile!

Yes I am consistent because this is my healing and the more I write the more I heal.

KayC, The Quiet Storm said...

I have to agree with Don...

I really have to be feeling you to do anything that requires touching you. Funny, joining Zeta cured me of randomly hugging people since everyone in the blue family hugs you when they see you.

But for me to kiss you, for you to come into my personal space is special to me. Because I really enjoy the art of kissing. Especially with a man who knows how ;-)

I feel you on the "writing is therapy" I am still writing and healing as well. Stay strong!

*sending hugz through the blogsphere*

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive