Sunday, January 6, 2008

IT'S ALWAYS JAZZ SUNDAY: CHAMPAGNE FOR NO GOOD REASON OTHER THAN...WELL I LIKE IT AND OTHER MUNDANE MUSINGS

I am in a funky mood. Not bad or sad or blue...FUNKY. You know like feeling out of sorts but not unhappy about it. So what do I do, well I open a bottle of champagne and drink. As my Sister Lo reminds me--I am one of the few people she knows that actually loves drinking champagne. She's right..I do! So back to my funky mood--hmm. I have decided that if someone asks me out on a date, that I am going! Weeks ago this revelation would have been unheard of. But then that was last year. So I am open to whatever the universe has in store. Yes, I still feel married and I am not talking about multiple sex partners or sex at all for that matter. But if some interesting man asks me out for coffee or tea or drinks, I may say yes. I am not a widow. My estranged husband left me and has been on a date(s). His dating isn't my motivation--well not solely, maybe 23% the remaining 77% reasons are because I love life and I want to laugh and flirt and have deep moody discussions about politics and Jazz and wine and God. I want to look at a man and have him look at me with mystery and intrigue. I want romance and witty repartee. So maybe my funky mood is really a itch that needs scratching---ah that would be metaphorically and not literally speaking. So it's Jazz Sunday and I am drinking champagne and listening to love songs on XM satellite radio and the kids are glued to TV and watching the clock for their bedtimes, Margeaux and Khalil 7:30pm, Gregory 8:30 and Briana 9:30--because she and I love the Amazing Race--and it's the only late night she gets on a school night...but I digress. The thing about being a fully grown woman is that I make and play by my own rules. I am the boss of me! So cheers to the funky mood and the possibility of a date.

6 comments:

Torrance Stephens bka All-Mi-T said...

So Moms is a boss. Love the names of the little ones

Torrance Stephens bka All-Mi-T said...

and u need to ad one of my books 2 yo random lib and beter yet read them all

Lovebabz said...

Torrance your books are on my list to get to this month! And of course I will add them to my library. And I am glad you like the names of my kids! I thought long and hard about them. And they have family history.

Smell Goods '98™ said...

Cheers!:O)

BottleBlonde said...

A date sounds good to me! And if you happen to find a diamond, send his brother my way. :-D

Lovebabz said...

Hello BB,

Glad you stopped by! If and when I find a diamond, of course I will inquire about a brother for you!