Thursday, November 8, 2007

HOLDING IT DOWN

Yesterday was a tough day. The job that I thought I was going to interview for can't hire folks on supervised release. I am beginning to see how difficult it is for people on probation or newly released from prison. I have skills, education and a strong professional work history, and still it is going to be an uphill battle. Or maybe not. Maybe I have to think about this in a much more optimistic way--which suits me. I am very optimistic by nature so I can't imagine that I wouldn't find a job. It never occurs to me that I wouldn't find a job. So last night I cried myself to sleep because I was feeling overwhelmed and alone and tired. But this morning I popped up said my prayers and I am right back to holding it down. I said this before and it bears repeating--Alice Walker wrote: "The way forward is with a broken heart". So I am holding it down like a Warrior Queen and I am moving forward with my broken heart in tow.

4 comments:

Jaya said...

Wishing you the best in your job hunt. Every 'NO' is taking you one step closer to that eventual 'YES, we want to hire you.'

angela said...

yes my dearest, jaya is absolutely right! however, maybe not 'tow' your heart, but LEAD WITH IT. be well :)

angela
http://princesstinybutt.blogspot.com

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Thanks Jaya and Princess Tinybutt,
You kind words are a balm to my soul. I appreciate your visit and your posts. And your right--Lead with not tow my heart!

Piecake said...

Wait... the job helping women on probation or newly released from prison get connected to the community... this is the job that cannot hire someone on supervised release? Does that make sense?

Anyway. Keep moving forward. That broken heart will eventually fall off.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive