Monday, March 5, 2012

My Lenten Journey 2012: What Am I Willing To Leave Behind?

What am I willing to leave behind?  This question goes beyond this Season of Lent.  This is truly a life changing question that is perhaps the foundation for any change that I make moving forward.

Whether its old habits, toxic and stagnant relationships, or mundane average thinking.  What am I willing to leave behind?  Can I be truly be honest with choosing the things that I must let go of in order to live free?  I have done a great deal of self-analysis over the years on this blog.  I have dissected myself for the world to see, but even with some of that, I have been hard-pressed to let go of all the things that keep me stuck.

Truth-telling is hard work.  Standing in my mirror and really looking into my heart and mind is no easy task.  I can easily be too harsh, or go too easy.  I can see what I want to see or I can focus on the worst parts.  There has to be a balance and  for me, getting to the balance is the biggest challenge.

This Season of Lent I am committed to asking what am I willing to leave behind in order to begin anew?  What can I let go of and never return to?  This simple Christian question is a life question indeed.  Perhaps this is my age old question underneath all the other self-awareness questions that beg me to answer... Who am I and what do I want?   Maybe the question moving forward is Who am I to God...in God and what does God want for me?  Is this an aha moment?  I am thinking so.  I am feeling like this moves me into a different direction away from thinking about me alone, and into thinking of myself as a community. Hhmm, will save this thought for another post.

I am taking to prayer today, the overarching question of what am I willing to leave behind?  I need divine guidance on this. I don't want to hastily rattle off a list of things I think I could let go of.  I want to move as God would have me move.

1 comment:

Big Mark 243 said...

This is deep.

I like that you are using the season to reinforce your purpose. Myself, I am a "the time is now" kind of person but sometimes coincidence makes it seems as though there is something stronger at work.

When I took action on what would bring me to where I am now, it came near the close of the year. I took that as the impetus to throw off what I felt was dragging me down and to move one step at a time towards my goal. The three years, the twist and turns have melted away, I am here and I am who I thought I always was!

I know that you can do it... whatever you need is already with you or it will avail itself to you on your journey! Do your thing, Babz...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive