Sunday, March 11, 2012

Do I Matter To Myself ?: Discerning My Commitments & Promises To Myself

"You have to matter to you, keep your promises to yourself, so you can trust yourself enough to live your dreams." Coach Julianna... excerpt from Mastin Kipp's post over at the The Daily Love
(If you haven't discovered The Daily Love run over right now and immerse yourself) 


I was dragging my feet about reading the latest post from The Daily Love, for no other reason other than I wanted to wallow in my bullshit a bit longer. I rolled over in my bed this morning and reached for my iphone to check my emails (after my morning prayers of course). I was feeling very spiritual so I thought I would stay in that vibe and read up on all the spiritual & motivational stuff I get emailed on a daily basis.  As I read this particular post I was immediately blown away and had to sit up and re-read the post.


There are promises and commitments that you COULD make to yourself, but you don't. And you don't keep them because you don't value your dreams. But, if there was a financial incentive, most of us would probably be able to bust through the b/s beliefs we have that hold us back from our dreams. SHIT! This is God talking directly to me.  I am not surprised by that (God is always talking to me), what does surprise me is the clarity of the message... the absolute right message that address my funk!

WOW!!!!!  One more time:

There are promises and commitments that you COULD make to yourself, but you don't. And you don't keep them because you don't value your dreams. But, if there was a financial incentive, most of us would probably be able to bust through the b/s beliefs we have that hold us back from our dreams. 

Is that true?  Why yes it is. And here's more....  We've told ourselves SO many excuses that we no longer trust ourselves. So part of living our dreams, part of taking your power back, part of earning freedom is trusting yourself. So what are the promises you are making to yourself and breaking? And what is the long-term effect of not keeping your word to yourself?

Damn.  God is right there.  Speaking. God is speaking very clearly to me.

One of the secrets to FULFILLMENT AND HAPPINESS is embracing short-term pain to produce long-term pleasure. This means keeping promises to yourself, so you can feel better about yourself, so you trust yourself, so you can show up to yourself and BELIEVE in yourself, so you have the POWER to make your dreams come true!

So now that I know that I know.... 


2 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

... since you already know, I can take this info and let it marinate until I have something that I can add to it..!

KayC, The Quiet Storm said...

The Daily Love is a great site.

You are permitted to feel your emotions but this wallowing/pity party shall NOT last too long, Sis!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive