Friday, October 14, 2011

PLAY SPENT

Play SPENT

Urban Ministries of Durham (UMD) will challenge the way you think about poverty and homelessness.

Work hard. Do the right thing. Homelessness is something that will never happen to me. Sometimes, all it takes is one life-changing experience to land you on the streets: a job loss, death of a loved one, divorce, natural disaster, or serious illness.

Next thing you know, a chain of events sends your life spiraling out of control…

How would you cope? Where would you go? What would you do? Figure something out, right?

We invite you to take the challenge… Play SPENT



What if you had nowhere else to go? No other options? No one to call upon? No network of support?

We all need somebody sometimes, especially when life throws you challenges. Urban Ministries of Durham (UMD) is where many turn for help. They have simply run out of options and have nowhere else to turn. They need help with life’s most basic needs—but they also need somebody to offer them hope, to give them a vision of a better tomorrow, and to encourage them to keep on trying and to not give up.

2 comments:

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

Homelessness or as I like to say being down on your luck,is no joke.
In 1979 after leaving the military my life was a ball of confusion on many levels,for reasons that are too many to list I foound myself down on my luck in the streets of Atlanta,family and friends would beg me to come home,my demons said different.
Until I dealt with my demons,nothing changed.
We who find ourselves down on our luck are there for different reasons.

Big Mark 243 said...

This game was rigged... but then again I am a single cat who can make do on pbj for breakie, lunch and dinner... realistic and heartbreaking, this was a very good game...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive