Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Thought I Was Lost....

On my way in the world
I thought I was lost

was lost


i thought i was lost

I ran into the arms of many


some good


bad


impossible


ridiculous

and then I stumbled upon


my soul mate


waiting


wanting


me only me



I stretched out my arms...wide...welcoming.


wrapping them around my one true love


the one I was meant for


born for


will die for

Will happily spend the rest of my life with.


On my way in the world
I thought I was lost


I was not. 
and I found

my heart's desire....



It was always ME.


Babz Rawls Ivy

3 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

This was excellent. I wonder if you could do this as a spoken word presentation... I know that I would try if I had came up with it...

Mizrepresent said...

Loving it! That one true love! Sis this speaks volumes!

Moanerplicity said...

Wow! This was a hella poem, my Sista. Didn't expect or foresee that closing & yet it is the perfect ending & the most important, most resonating answer of all.

Indeed... self-love speaks to it all!


& oh BTW: I realy appreciated your last comment. However, no matter how much we might want it, I just don't think we can fall in love, at will. In fact, it's usually a guileless act, an emotional whirlwind that sweeps us up & delivers us into the mighty arms of Love. At least, that's always been my experience.

SJ!

One.