Wednesday, July 2, 2014

OK CUPID. Not Right Now

I joined OK Cupid.com about a month ago. I thought well, lets get out there and date. I started my profile, had a few conversations, met a few folks for coffee. *Yawn*

I decided to shut down my profile. I just don't find this fun or exciting or even interesting.  I am not shy.  I am not afraid to meet new people and I love men.  I was just disappointed with the level of conversations I was having and the mediocre "dates" And yes, there's the telling about myself that send men screaming from the table. Men at my age aren't interested in a women who has young children underfoot, or they want more children, or they are getting ready to retire and I am no where near that. Or they want a woman thinner and younger and prettier and more something other than what I am. Ha ha ha!

I am sighing because I thought this was going to be fun and adventurous. It's turning out to be work. So I've disabled my profile. I think I need to focus on all the many other things I have going on. I think I will look for other ways to date. I'm not giving up by any means. I see I must become more creative in my efforts.

I am not taking this foray into dating  personally or internally. I am a wonderful woman with a great sense of humor, a lot of love to share and a willingness to surrender and be open to love. I just can't settle for less when I am so much more.

OK Cupid, not right now. Doesn't mean I'll never reactivate my profile... but right now I'm not feeling this way to date. And honestly I rather like this decision. I don't feel thirsty... I feel strong, confident and powerful. and who knows... maybe I'll give other sites a try.

In the meantime, I'm letting folks know, Babz is on the market! Ha ha ha ha!


No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive