Tuesday, July 2, 2013

2 Months Being 50:Path Illuming

I am acutely aware of being 50 years old.  I like being acutely aware.  I like there is a sense of urgency hovering in the back of my mind.  Time is marching on.  I am not wasting time lamenting the fact that time is marching on. I am intuned to it.  I am aware of it.  I am more motivated to live deeply and fully. I find myself consciously wanting to feel everything and dig deeper into whatever the feeling is, whatever the moment is teaching me.

When I kiss him (the Potential Mr. Babz) I lean in and fully kiss him.  When I hug my kids, I fully hug them and I hold on a few seconds longer. This is how I am not taking them or this life for granted.  I dismiss nothing. I go into the dark. I grapple with the fears. I forgive myself and start again. I start again, that is the saving grace.

I can't say that I can see the road ahead.  I have learned that is not about the path ahead, but the path illuming... one step at a time. I find great strength in surrendering to one step. It quells my fears and allows for courage to show up and move me forward. I have made peace with being afraid. There is often great clarity in being afraid. In being afraid I make myself look at the fear and take it apart...taking myself through the worst case scenario and lingering in. What do I see? What do I feel?

Being 50 is divine.  I am more hopeful than I have ever been.  I am more romantic than I have ever been. I am more courageous than I have ever been. I am in love with  my 50 year old myself .


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be crossing that river in 2 days and I can't wait!
I'm really looking forward to my 50's.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive