Friday, February 15, 2013

My Lenten Journey: Pray Or Worry

I cannot do both.  Either I pray and believe. Or Worry and disbelieve.

There is no straddling the fence.  There is no halfway.

Either. Or.

Not both.

I know what it's like to go to bed with so much trouble on my mind.  I know what it is not to sleep for days on end because the fear is so great you don't dare close your eyes to it.  And yet by some miracle I come through feeling foolish and ashamed of the doubt, fear and disbelief that held me hostage.

I have not been racked with that kind of fear and disbelief in a long time.  It does however fear and worry hang out around the fringes of my life.  I must say, I am much more present in my life these days.... I recognize the devil (the negative voices whispering in my mind).

To let Go and Let God is a deliberate revolutionary act of love and faith.  It requires training.  It requires attention.  It requires fortitude and inner-strength.

Prayer.

My prayer life is my life line to God. All prayers... unedited and unfiltered are laid at my alter.... the alter.

The walk of faith is the choice of believing. 

I choose to believe.




No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive