Sunday, September 4, 2011

Wandering The Day...and other Sunday Thoughts

So it's Sunday evening, one of my favorite days.  I always take a nap in the early part of the day, after Church and after lunch.  I usually get in a really good dream of how I want my life to be.  There is always jazz on Sunday here.  I love jazz and I love gospel jazz or Jazz Gospel music.  I love jazz.  So I crank on the Bose and find my favorite satellite radio station and Coltrane, or Parker, or some other sublime artist streams through my house.  This is how I love to spend my Sunday, no rushing, no plans, no stress.

And in deed I do miss him.  I miss his Sunday meandering.  I miss his looking forward to football.  I miss his interaction with my kids.  I miss our witty banter. I miss knowing he is in the house.

I can feel the loneliness slowly creeping in.  I can feel myself retreating from the noise of the world.  I can feel myself walking down that path again.  I feel so brave when I recognize depression coming.  I absolutely believe I can head it off at the pass.  I have learned to quickly remind myself that I am powerful beyond measure and that God is priming me for my greatness.  I like this thinking. it makes me smile big and full.  I am laughing because I believe it!  So ha ha ha to you depression (devil).

I displayed my crafts in my living room.  I never display or share anything I make.  But I decided I love it and I want to share it.  I think this is good vibrations....sending out good energy and good energy coming in!

The day is coming to a close.  Time to round up my kids and call them in and send their friends on their way.  Perhaps we'll watch a movie or a TV show.  I wish we had dessert, but perhaps freezie pops will do.

I love the ebb and flow of Sundays. I feel so in the rhythm of the moment.  Sadness and loneliness aside, I am enjoying the day into evening into night.



2 comments:

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

You speak so honest which is the path to your happiness.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Hello BigmacInPittsburgh,
I ought to be more honest if truth be told. I am by nature a happy person. It's the loneliness that is hard to take.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive