Monday, December 1, 2008

A GROWN UP CHRISTMAS LIST....

From now until Christmas I am creating my own Grown-Up Christmas List. I think it will be in addition to my Love List. It is my thinking to truly focus on Love. I have been straddling the old me with the new me trying to emerge. I found myself trying to fit into other's idea of me. Now is my time to fully step into the life I want to live.




Music by David Foster

Lyrics by Linda Thompson

Do you remember me

I sat upon your knee

I wrote to you

With childhood fantasies

Well, I'm all grown up now

Can you still help somehow

I'm not a child

But my heart still can dream

So here's my lifelong wish

My grown-up Christmas list

Not for myself

But for a world in need

No more lives torn apart

That wars would never start

And time would heal all hearts

Every man would have a friend

That right would always win

And love would never end

This is my grown-up

Christmas list

What is this illusion called

The innocence of youth

Maybe only in their blind belief

Can we ever find the truth

There'd be no more lives torn apart

And wars would never start

And time would heal all hearts

Every man would have a friend

And right would always win

And love would never end

This is my grown-up Christmas list

This is my only lifelong wish

This is my grown-up Christmas list

Hoo---, hoo--

Support World AIDS Day

5 comments:

Shelly- Mom Files said...

ver lovely :)

Moanerplicity said...

Wow! This is a beautiful song with a important sentiment! Always did dig Natalie.

Hey, wouldn't it be mad cool if we could give some SELF love on Xmas? *ponder that for a moment*


Even when we love & are loving to family, friends & intimates, many times we don't embrace ourselves in a REAL way? I'm not referring to gifts or material things we might do for ourselves in an attempt at fast-food happiness. I mean in a seriously, non-vain, but self-affirming REAL way. We don't take stock & appreciate the beauty of our positive aspects, our hearts, our ways of caring, of showing love, etc.

How many times have you (or the collective WE) ever said: I LOVE MYSELF TODAY. And MEANT it! Not the way I look, or dress, or if it's a good hair day... but a general feeling of self-contained well-being.

Instead, just one week after Xmas, we start the year by naming all these things that are WRONG with us, & we promise (& usually fail) to correct them in a resolution.


That's really something to ponder.

Sorry to wax on & on... this post & your new attitude just got a Brotha thinking.

Snatch JOY!

One.

clnmike said...

I like were your going with this.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Sheliza,
Thanks for stopping by.

Moanerplicity...
You have given me much to discern...truly. This is certainly a post for me. Thank you for feeding this spirit. You are welcome to wax on as much or as little as the spirit moves you. I certainly appreciate your insight.

Clnmike,
Stick around and let's see where this all takes me.

Still Patrice said...

everytime i see you tweet about your christmas list i giggle...

cant wait to see the whole list!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive