What I am learning is when you allow the grieving process to run its course and you let yourself feel the loss. Then you begin to realize that the universe is really making room for the next...loveship, job, friendship. It is hard to recognize this as we are ending things because quite frankly it hurts and we feel like we failed on some level. But I say, shift our thinking a bit and think we did not fail, that our loveship, friendship, career choice was what was needed at the time and we got what we needed from them to move us further along in our journey.
As I step back and take stock of where I am at this very minute, I can see my life shifting. I can feel the difference as this year is coming to its end. I am not so focused on what I don't want. I am making room. Making room for all the gifts, blessings and good intentions coming my way...that have come my way. I want to live and love in abundance with open hands, heart and mind. If you are desperately holding on to old wounds and hurts. Let go. Walk out on faith and let the universe open up and make room. There are boundless gifts of joy, love and peace waiting for you.
My Grown Up Christmas List 1-7
Dear Santa, I want:
- More time to read for pleasure
- A new house in Atlanta with a great kitchen, and large backyard
- Commitment to practice meditation
- A serious committed relationship with LOTS OF SEX (will add this again further down the list) (Santa see Love List for details)
- Work on knitting---took a class but I am still not good at it...yet
- More time for my artistic pursuits (theatre, opera, museums, crafts--yes I love crafts)
- New high end professional grade pots