Monday, June 3, 2013

A life That Earns My Self Respect....



Sometimes we're too easy on ourselves, lacking self-discipline and giving ourselves slack and in places where we simply shouldn't. Then we're loaded with guilt and suffering! The only way to end the torture of self-condemnation is to try to live a life that earns your self-respect.... Marianne Williamson


Like a lightening bolt this struck me to my core!   It is not news that I am undisciplined.  What is news is the level of depth my undisciplined self goes.  The root of all of my suffering is my undisciplined self.  I cannot examine myself for too long and not see the patterns, the unwillingness to grind it out and push push push.

I quit more times than I persevere.  I have triumphed because I was forced... kicking and screaming to victory.  So imagine my surprise at this epiphany. Yes, I must end the torture of self-condemnation.  That's the real beauty in turning 50, the willingness to clarity.

Add in my Sweetheart pushing from the other side, God all around and me in the middle. I enter this life like a piece of coal and with all the pressure...some lovingly applied and some not, I am emerging as a diamond.

My challenge will be to retrain my mind and actions... to instill discipline into my life in a way I've never done before.  I do believe I am doing this without even realizing I am doing it. Or what's more accurate I am doing it as part of my spiritual faith walk. all the pieces are coming together.  I see it.  Health, love, God.  It is my personal goal to integrate all of my life into a seamless adventure.

A seamless adventure where I am whole, inside and out.  A life that earns my self respect.

1 comment:

Moanerplicity said...

Hard as it is, difficult as it might be, methinks self-discipline is ultimately the KEY to self-love & self-respect in ALL things.


One.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive