Friday, March 15, 2013

My Lenten Journey: Let It Go

I am one of those people who will keep at something if I feel defeated.  I just keep fighting, or messin' with or hanging on to things.. people...situations that don't add any positive value to my life. I just want to make things right.  And in trying to make things right as I perceive it, I hold on way longer than is necessary. In my mind I keep thinking surely I can make this work... surely I can just be different, act different and it will be alright.  Sometimes the lessons of my life call for changes.  The struggles show up to point out where the growth ought to occur, or where I need to pay attention.  But I am also learning that there are some lessons that are teaching me to LET IT GO.  There are some situations, people and issues that drain the life out of me.  I just keep trying to plug the holes, when really all I need to do is pull the plug and let the water run out.  It seems so simple in hindsight. I am always amazed at how much time I have wasted trying to plug the holes.

I am closing my eyes, clearing my heart and I am letting it go.  God has my back. Christ went to the cross to take on all my burdens. If I believe this, then letting go is second only to breathing.




3 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

At one time, when I was much younger... if I was not good at something, if things didn't work out as planned, or if I truly SUCKED at anything, then, in my mind, it wasn't meant to be... & I let it go, gave it up, junked it. I'd so much more to learn about life, & strife & the strife of life.

This was very inspirational, my Sista.

One.

Big Mark 243 said...

There is a very fine line between dogged persistence and futile delusion... Being able to properly assess and judge which is which is key in determining what to have let go of and what to fight for...

Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive