Thursday, October 18, 2012

God. My Breath. And the Sky

I am not fast. I am not concerned with how far I go.  I focus on one step-at-a-time. I work to connect my breath to my thoughts. I seek rhythm. 

I Just finished week 3 of training for the 5k. Saturday starts week 4.  It is mind-blowing that I have been training for a 5k.  I do not love or like running.  What I do like is the sense of accomplishment of getting it done.  This morning I was so relaxed and so ready.  I was not concerned about it being hard.  I ran without my usual music pumping.  I just wanted to be in the moment with God, my breath and the sky.  This is sacred.  This is sacred and I am understanding that.  It is more surrendering than running; God is directing and I am moving at the command of the wind.

The sound of my breath is the prayer. 

I am progressing.


2 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

Your first run is a mental accomplishment than it is a physical one... wherever the mind leads, the body will follow... so concentrate on strengthening the mind... your body will obey whatever it commands..!

Good luck..!

Monique said...

I too started running and I have to admit, running my first 10K was such a spiritual ordeal for me. Running into the sunrise, watching God wake the world was magical. Keep pushing!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive