Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Beginning Of Spiritual Maturity...

Am I spiritually maturing?  Am I growing in my faith or am I just spinning my wheels hoping for miracles and not doing the work to walk closer with God?

I feel this kind of examination needs its own blog.  It's own place where it does not have to compete with the day-to-day bullshit romance of my life. I have been thinking about this a lot.

I find myself calm and peaceful in some areas of my life.  In other areas I am unglued.... banshee-esque.  I want to have a peaceful life where the world does not wear me down.  I want to live a peaceful life where I am not moved by the mess of other people's lives.  I am not talking about being removed, remote, reserved. Maybe it has nothing to do at all with other people.

My struggle is with God and about my walk with God as my friend and redeemer.  The real struggle is with moving in that direction and away from the trappings of the world... all the material shit that I covet, hoard and just like looking at, dreaming about and lusting after.  Maybe this is where spiritual maturity begins, owning my materialistic desires and deciding that they carry no more weight.

My faith walk toward God is becoming very important to me. It is growing in me and I am allowing it take root.

So I am sure a blog is coming.  I can feel it.  This one here will always be my baby.  My heart is calling for something more.

3 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

I think that your spiritual growth is moving you into a new direction, and that is reflected in your desire for another space to be a "witness", if you will, to your spirituality.

The Artist In Me said...

I say go for it my darling! I believe your new writings will lend themselves to a different audience...an audience that needs to hear your voice through your spiritual maturity process!

Seems like you are working out your salvation...Phillipians 2:12...a great thing!

WynnSong said...

I think you were writing my story here as well......

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive