Sunday, July 15, 2012

COMMITMENT IS LIKE A MUSCLE... YOU GOTTA STRENGTHEN IT!

The only way to get good at anything is to be committed to it.  Anything I say I want I have to be committed to going after it, achieving it and sustaining it.  There is no fairy Godmother who will come in hand me a life of my dreams with a wave of a wand and pixie dust.

EVERYTHING of value, substance and desire requires a commitment. I have to be confirmed in my mind that what I say I want I really do want.  And I have to move my ass in that direction.  Meaning I have to more than just make a cursory effort, I have to bring it!  This is where I have been full of shit.  Announcing all my wishes, hopes, dreams, wants, needs, desires, yada, yada, yada.  And then I just leave the announcements to hang in the air without any real commitment to see things to the end.  Hell, some of the things I say I want I haven't even put effort forward to accomplish them.

The change happens in my own heart and mind first.  God has been whispering to me from birth my destiny.  There is no more wallowing in the bullshit of my on-going, rational excuses.

There is no secret to my heart's desires.I have to take a cue from Mary Mary and go get my blessing(s).
That means meet the day with gusto, prayers and meditation.  It means working out and getting fit.  Treat my temple as a temple and quite polluting it. It means keeping my spirit stirred on righteous thought. It means be kind instead of being right.  It means operating from a place of love all the time.

Commitment is like a muscle... you gotta strengthen it!

There is no easy or hard, only a change and shift in perspective.  49 is fabulous and ripe with truth-telling.

5 comments:

WynnSong said...

Amen.....

The Artist In Me said...

Nice, and so true! Been thinking about this very thing myself. Making strides to be committed to the things I know God has called me to do! Encouraging and rooting you on sister-friend!

Big Mark 243 said...

EVERYTHING of value, substance and desire requires a commitment. I have to be confirmed in my mind that what I say I want I really do want. And I have to move my ass in that direction. Meaning I have to more than just make a cursory effort, I have to bring it! This is where I have been full of shit.

LOVE THAT PASSAGE!! In fact, you may be seeing a post around that soon!!

Anonymous said...

just love you; always have and I continue to follow u and the journey
you are on because it is "real', authentic and you. It's all good!!!

Moanerplicity said...

Right on, right on, Sista Wisdom-seeker, Truth-speaker!

It seems to me that whatever we find to be hard, difficult, but NOT impossible in life, are usually the things that are ultimately the MOST rewarding. True Commitment happens to be one of those things.


One.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive