Friday, February 10, 2012

Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Homemade Turkey Meatballs And Other Acts of LOVE

It has been two weeks of really making the effort to work in harmony.  Mr. Love has stepped in and filled in where needed and wanted.  It felt amazing to have a partner in all things home, hearth, children and community. "Some husbands are born and some are made which one do you think I am?" That was easy although I took  time in answering...over several days.  He was born to be a husband. He was always older than us in spirit...Us being the group of us that hung around the neighborhood while growing up.  He waited for me just about everyday when I got home from school.  He would walk me to my door and stay awhile on the front steps to chat.  He adored me.  He still does, but not from a little boy's memory.  He adores me from the inner place of being a grown man who has no tolerance for games and mayhem.

He shuttled the kids, he did the grocery shopping, he made the bed, he did the laundry. He mopped the floors.  He took out the trash, washed the dishes. He talked deeply with each child.  He talked with the Ex..they got into the car and took a drive. One caveat... Sundays was off-limits! Sundays were for football! The Superbowl being the capstone.

Last night he made whole wheat spaghetti with homemade turkey meatballs.  Delicious! I was so grateful because Thursdays are the most challenging.  The shuttling starts with Briana to group therapy 4:30-5:30, Greg to basketball practice 5:30-8pm, Margeaux to cheer-leading 6:00-8:00pm.  Khalil doesn't have an activity. It is exhausting!  Dinner last night was a true act of love.  It was needed, welcomed and appreciated.

The last 2 years he was here, we were out of sync.  There were moments when we were almost in sync, but not enough to make moving forward a reality.  So off he went to Baltimore. Fast forward to right now, the possibility for real lasting love is within reach.  There is no magic, only hard work, dedication, mutual respect, love and negotiating what we each can live with.

I am taking left over spaghetti and meatballs for lunch today. I want the love to last.


And.... 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADYLEE! 



1 comment:

Moanerplicity said...

This (much like love) sounds mad delicious AND, most importantly in my case, *heart-healthy!*


One.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive