Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Lenten Journey: I Will Stop Living My Lesser Story

I have been thinking about a piece I read at Relevant magazine online "Are You Called To Create" an interview with author Erwin McManus, "The Artisan Soul"

This simple quote excited me out of my skin: 

STOP LIVING YOUR LESSER STORY.

Wherever you are in your life..career, relationships use that as a platform to build a better life. I understand this and I feel it deeply in my heart. Since I began paying attention to the Season of Lent I always felt the strong connection of creativity and spirituality.

I am more my creative self now than ever before. I decided to tell myself, yes I am a creative person. In this new found discovery of creativity I feel more Christian than I ever felt before. This allows for a grander life story.

The lesser story has always been all the pain and misery taking center stage.  And whatever success (good things, happy things, good times) were quickly swept to the background because there was this sense of not seeing the good things as the reality. That those good things were happenstance.  That the lesser story was the "real" story.  This creative spirit begged the questions... why can't this be the "real" story?  Why can't the creative spirit take center stage and shine? God dwells there happily why can't I ? Christ was quite creative in sharing the good news. As I moved through my days with these questions, the creative spirit began connecting with the spiritual awakening and soon I began to believe that I am indeed a creative person. A lover of art and beauty. I see God's creativity and love for beauty in nature and in me.

Holy week is here, Palm Sunday is today and while my children are in church, I am home dealing with an emergency plumbing situation. As I sit and wait while the plumbing issue is being solved and repaired, I can see the beauty of the day out of my window while listening to John Coltrane's Giant Steps waft through the house. God is here with me. I feel the creative spirit wed to the divine. It is indeed time to stop living my lesser story and go for the bold, grand, story of how with God's care I created a bigger story... A creative, spiritually rooted story of love.


It’s astonishing to me that we have allowed people to take the Bible and turn it into a manuscript of conformity when it’s really a manifesto of creativity.
Read more at http://www.relevantmagazine.com/culture/are-you-called-create#RqRQjo4Y4GF0pigJ.99
It’s astonishing to me that we have allowed people to take the Bible and turn it into a manuscript of conformity when it’s really a manifesto of creativity.
Read more at http://www.relevantmagazine.com/culture/are-you-called-create#RqRQjo4Y4GF0pigJ.99

1 comment:

Big Mark 243 said...

Why can't this be the "real" story?

This is what I ask of any woman, any man, who looks around their life and see only misery and despair (and if you are unhappy with your lot, then that qualifies you as despairing and miserable), talking about what you want, what you yearn for. Why can't the things you hope to achieve, the things that are possible, indeed, be the REAL story..!

You are writing your new, real story now... continue on..!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive