Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I Do Know Life Is Short....

And yet I act as though I will get a another chance at this.  Sometimes I act as though I will get a do over for a a good part of my life. OK NOT!

It always takes death and tragedy to bring me smack up close to my own mortality.  And when its a celebrity death that seems untimely, I get all nervous.  I begin to take a long look over my own life.  I start thinking about my own passing and what will that mean.  I am not being morbid, nor am I depressed or something.  Looking at my own mortality is my reality check.

I am dragged back to the over arching questions of who am I? And want do I want?  I used to believe that there was one great answer for each of these questions.  I used to think that one definition would suffice.  I have come to realize that I am a woman of many passions and interests.  That who I am and what I want changes, shifts and yes, transitions.  I can take a breath and allow the questions to arise and not become twisted about the answers.  The answer is in my living.  The answer is I am.  Whatever it is at the moment that is the answer.  Once I take away all the stuff that is projected onto my life... other people's opinions and spin, I can clearly contemplate my being. If there are shoulds ( I should do this... that or the other thing), they are the ones I heap on myself.  If I want to be in love, then its on me to be in love right now. 

I am concerned and unconcerned with time.  I have done a great deal in my life and I know there is more to do.  The more to do does not come with a sense of urgency.  I am in the flow of doing what moves me and what is needed.  I do know life is short.  I do know that waiting for someone else to give me the life of my dreams is crap.  I know what it is to waste time on people, places and things.  Time marches on whether I accomplish my dreams, fall in love, wait for something to happen or not.






No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive