Wednesday, February 17, 2016

My Lenten Journey 2016: Work


Colossians 3:23 NIV

Whatever you do, work at with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters

I have been most fortunate in my adult life around work and career. I have pretty much held jobs that also reflected my personal stand on social issues. I ran nonprofits. From Rape Crisis Services, AIDS Project New Haven, Domestic Violence, Jumpstart for Young Children and many others. But so many don't have jobs that reflect their passion for social justice or any other cause. For those of who are excited about exploring their faith, how does this work at work?

I don't think we do enough talking about our faith and how it relates to our work environments and how it relates to our spiritual life. So often we tie our worth to the kinds of work we do... Or we heavily identify by the titles we hold. We are not the work we do. We aren't. Nor are we less than if we don't hold big and so-called important jobs.

This week I am taking into contemplative  prayer all the ways that I see work as holy and sacred. I am inviting those that are interested to do the same. Let's discover where God is in our daily work lives.






No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive